Dienstag, 22. September 2015

DIY: lace harness




Hey guys!

Today I´ll show you how you can make one of these super cute | sexy | modern body fashion Harnesses.

I had the material since months, but never had the time or idea to work with it. I love to browse trough penny shops and buy stuff in the hope that I can use it some day.
I made my first two years ago for a pool shooting, but it wasn´t that good.

Now I need some for a upcoming shoot.
While I was rummage trough my big box full of fabric I found some lace and a appliqué.

Inspired by some lace lingerie shops I follow on instagram, I designed my easy but beautiful own.

Here we go:

You need:

Ideas. Get some inspiration on instagram, facebook or google. Then make a sketch of your harness. If you´re not that skilful in sewing, try a easy one first.



 Lace, elastic band in different sizes and a measuring tape. I used a so called "Lace Appliqué". You can buy it on the internet, a draper´s shop or if you have some luck, in penny markets. Maybe you have a old curtain from your grandma you can cut.
 Accessoires like spikes or pendants.
Scissors, needle and thread and, if you´re lucky enough to have one: a sewing machine. Eventually a clasp.

 My granny alway says: make sure your fabric is ironed. Then it´s ways more easier to work with it.  I hadn´t a iron and so I had to iron it with my lunch. :D



Now you need your measurements. Take a look at your sketch and make measurements on every part of your body where the harness should fit.



I basted the lace on my bra while I was wearing it and took measurements for the strap.














  

I cut the bands for the straps and the one around my underbust. Don´t forget to add a cm or two for sewing.
Then I pinned everything up.
Make sure that the right side of the lace is up.




 I sewed on the straps by hand, because it was such a small piece of lace.
 Afterwards I sewed the metal appliqué on the lace and the other side on the underbust band. I used a small elastic to strenghten the gap between the lace and the underbust part.


In the next step you´ll sew the strap on the lower end. Ask a friend or family member to pin up the strap on the underbust band or measure it from your bra again. Make sure that the strap is inside of the lower band.
 
Sew again. ..

  

but don´t be as stupid as I and check your lower thread has the same colour as your harness :D 


For the last part you can decide how do you want to close up your harness. Because I am a lazy ass I just knot my ends until I am motivated enough to finish it. You can use those bra clasp or hooks or just sew it together.


Have fun :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen